Shrimp with Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- VS Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 scallions cut into 2” pieces
- 3 Tbsp rum
- Dash of salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 tsp sugar (if using sweetened coconut, delete sugar)
Back to Recipes Print this Page
- Marinate shrimp in enough VS Coconut Balsamic Vinegar to thoroughly coat. Place in refrigerator for approximately 1/2—1 hour.
- In a large pan, sauté shrimp in VS extra virgin olive oil until nearly done, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside
- Sauté garlic and scallions for about 30 seconds. Add rum, sugar, and salt. Add shrimp and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in coconut, sprits with fresh lime juice and serve immediately.
- Great as an appetizer or a main course.