Blood Orange Fudge Brownies
- 2/3 cup VS Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 & 1/2 cup walnuts
- 9 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup almonds, ground in food processor
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Back to Recipes Print this Page
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch square pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate slowly until smooth. Stir in Blood Orange Olive Oil. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, combine the eggs, almonds, sugar, and orange zest. Add the chocolate mixture stirring until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture and then the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes. When done, remove from oven and set pan on a wire rack to cool. Let stand for 5 minutes then unmold onto the cooling rack.
- When cool cut into squares or, using cookie cutters, into hearts or other shapes.
- Garnish with Chocolate balsamic Whipped Cream if desired.