Catalan Lamb Chops with Apricots and Sage
- 4-6 shoulder lamb chops, 3/4" thick, fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- Flour for coating
- 1 T Olive Oik
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4c dry vermouth
- 3/4 oz Glad d'Agneau Gold Dissolved in 2 c water
- 3/4 c diced canned tomatoes
- 6 freshsage leaves plus 4 for garnish
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2/3 c dried apricots, diced, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat over to 325. season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, and coat them with flour, patting to remove excess. In a large heavy skillet heat the oil over high heat until very hot, add the ships to the pan and brown them on both sides. transfer the chops to a platter an cover them loosely with aluminum foil.
- Add the chopped onion to the skillet and saute until it is golden brown. Stir in garlic and pour in the vermouth, stirring to scrape all the browned cooking bits from the pan. add the diluted Glad d'agneau gold, tomatoes, 6 sage leaves, rosemary, cinnamon, and diced apricots.
- Return meat to the pan cover it tightly and cook untilt he meat is almost falling off the bones, about 1.5hours. If necessary, remove the chops, and boil the sauce on top of the stove to recude it to the proper consistency. season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve each chop with a generous amount of sauce, garnish with an apricot half and sage leaf.
Back to Recipes Print this Page