Cheddar–Mashed Potato “Latke” Waffles
- 1/3 cup VS Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 cup mashed potatoes (cold or room temp)
- 1 cup bleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 large scallions thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sour Cream (optional for serving)
Back to Recipes Print this Page
- Heat waffle maker. Meanwhile, add Garlic Olive Oil, mashed potatoes, flour, scallions, cheese, egg, and baking powder to large bowl.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Grease hot waffle iron well. Add 1/3 cup of mixture for each waffle.
- Cook until golden brown on inside, about 5 minutes per waffle.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, additional scallions, and hot sauce, if desired.