Foglie di Carciofo Pasta with Mushrooms & Truffle Oil
- 250 gr. (8.8oz.) Foglie di Carciofo (pasta similar to orecchiette vaguely shaped as a carciofo [Italian for artichoke] leaf)
- 1/2 Red onion sliced Julienne style
- 1 Stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Mini sweet pepper, or 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 Oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tsp. Sesame seeds
- 1 Tsp. Dried oregano, crushed
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse sea salt, pepper, and
- Truffle oil to taste
Back to Recipes Print this Page
- In a frying pan, sauté onion in EVOO on medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Add celery, mini peppers, stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, sesame seeds, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, then cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring salted water to a boil in a deep pot and cook pasta (10-12 minutes).
- Drain pasta al dente, that is, slightly underdone according to average American taste, and add it to the sauce into frying pan.
- Toss gently to allow sauce to coat pasta well and serve after drizzling truffle flavored oil to taste on individual plates.