Cranberry, Apple, Orange Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 Tbsp VS Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp VS Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/2 cup cranberries, whole or coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium tart apple, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium orange, peeled and diced (zest first)
- 1/3 cup packaged brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel (zest)
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Cut acorn squash in half and discard the seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking pan large enough to hold the 4 halves. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberries, apple, orange, brown sugar, nuts, Blood Orange Olive Oil, and Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar. Toss well to coat.
- At 30 minutes, take the squash out of the oven and set aside. Drain the water from the pan. Turn the squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Stuff each half with cranberry mixture. Bake 25 minutes longer or until the squash is tender.
- Serve whole or scoop out servings.