Fagioli al Forno Italiano
- 1/3 cup VS Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Prosciutto or Pancetta, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp mild molasses
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook prosciutto in a skillet until crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Add onions and sauté until they are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for about 1 more minute.
- Mix in beer, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar, molasses, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gently stir in the beans. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake, uncovered, until bean mixture bubbles and thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
Back to Recipes Print this Page