Oven Baked Eggs in Brioche Basket
- 1/2 cup VS Butter or Garlic Olive Oil
- 8 slices of bread (1/2” thick)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- Few pinches of fine Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and adjust a rack to the middle of the oven.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet.Using a pastry brush, liberally coat each slice of bread on both sides with Butter or Garlic Olive Oil.
- Using a cookie cutter, or other round cutter, cut out a hole (approximately 2 1/2” in diameter) in the center of each slice of bread.
- Crack an egg into each hole.
- Season the bread and eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and eggs are set, but the yolk is till a little runny.
For well done eggs with a solid yolk, cook for 12 minutes.Back to Recipes Print this Page