Roasted Lamb with Fig and Lavender Jelly
- 2 Tbsp + 1/4 cup VS Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup VS Lavender Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-3 1/2 lb boneless leg of lamb
- 6 medium shallots, quartered
- 1/2 cup dried figs, quartered
- 1 tsp Pine Ridge Apiaries Prairie Honey
- Himalayan Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Rub 1/8 cup Herbs de Provence Olive Oil and sliced garlic cloves on the lamb. Roll up the meat and tie with kitchen strings to form roast. Rub another 1/8 cup Herbs de Provence Olive Oil all over the roast and set on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast lamb about 15 minutes until it is just starting to brown. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and roast for 1 hour, or until thickest part registers at 130 degrees for rare. Transfer lamb to cutting board and let rest 25-30 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp Herbs de Provence Olive Oil until shimmering. Add shallots, figs, honey, and a pinch of salt. Cook on moderate heat stirring occasionally until shallots are softened, about 7 minutes. Add Lavender Balsamic Vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and jam is thick. 3 to 5 minutes. Season and let cool.
- Serve lamb with the fig and lavender jelly.