- 1/4 cup VS Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp VS Pomegranate-Quince White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 3/4 oz) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2-3 avocados, chopped
- 4 cups shredded skinless meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup red onion coarsely chopped
The key to this salad is chopping your avocado, tomato and cucumber into equal sized pieces. Start by cutting your avocado in half. Use the knife to remove the pit by pressing it firmly into the pit and then twisting it. I prefer to cut the avocado while its still in the skin by cutting each half in half and then making about 4 parallel cuts and then scooping the pieces out with a spoon. If I'm making this salad for a party I will use a melon baller to scope out my avocado, for a fancier presentation.
Cut your tomato into similar sized pieces, if using cherry tomatoes cut them in half.
Slice your cucumber and then cut the slices in halves or fourths.
Chop the red onion into small pieces and wash to remove the raw onion taste.
Slice or crumble the cheese into small pieces.
Chop the basil or cilantro into fine pieces.
Put avocado, tomato, cucumber, cheese, onion and herbs into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle oil and vinegar over the top. Toss and enjoy!