- Place broken down pieces of cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour 2 Tbsp VS Fennel Olive Oil and 1/4 tsp kosher salt over cauliflower. Toss to coat. Spread out cauliflower into an even layer and roast in oven (middle position) at 450°F for approximately 40 minutes or until browned and tender, turning halfway through. Remove when done and set aside. Reserve a few pieces to garnish dish when serving.
- Chop onion and garlic and remove leaves from thyme. In a large Dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of VS Fennel Olive Oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic and onions and sauté about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower to Dutch oven along with 1 cup of water, 4 cups of broth and thyme leaves. Let come to boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in half-and-half or milk. Using stick blender, puree soup until smooth. If using blender, blend in batches and crock lid to let steam escape. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls garnishing with cauliflower pieces, thyme springs, fresh cracked black pepper, and a healthy drizzle of VS Fennel Olive Oil.
- 4 Tbsp VS Fennel Olive Oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken to small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- pinch of Healthy Life Ground Thyme
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or milk
- freshly ground black pepper
|1/2||cup(s)||Half-and-Half (or Milk)|
|4||cup(s)||Chicken or Vegetable Broth|
|4||tablespoon(s)||Vita Sana Fennel Olive Oil|
|1||large||Cauliflower (head, broken to small pieces)|
|3||total||Garlic Clove(s) (finely chopped)|
|1||pinch(es)||Healthy Life Ground Thyme|
|1||to taste||Fresh Ground Black Pepper|
|1/2||teaspoon(s)||Pink Himalayan Sea Salt|
Suggested Vita Sana Products
No items found
No items found