- In a frying pan, sauté onion in EVOO on medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Add celery, mini peppers, stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms, sesame seeds, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, then cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring salted water to a boil in a deep pot and cook pasta (10-12 minutes).
- Drain pasta al dente, that is, slightly underdone according to average American taste, and add it to the sauce into frying pan.
- Toss gently to allow sauce to coat pasta well and serve after drizzling truffle flavored oil to taste on individual plates.
- 250 gr. (8.8oz.) Foglie di Carciofo (pasta similar to orecchiette vaguely shaped as a carciofo [Italian for artichoke] leaf)
- 1/2 Red onion sliced Julienne style
- 1 Stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Mini sweet pepper, or 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 10 Oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tsp. Sesame seeds
- 1 Tsp. Dried oregano, crushed
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse sea salt, pepper, and
- Truffle oil to taste
|8.8||ounce(s)||Foglie di Carciofo (pasta simiar to orecchiette, vaguely shaped as a “carciofo” [artichoke] leaf, 250 gr.)|
|1/2||medium||Red Onion(s) (sliced Julienne style)|
|1||small||Red Bell Pepper(s) (or 2 Mini Sweet Peppers) (thinly sliced)|
|10||total||Oyster Mushrooms (sliced)|
|1||teaspoon(s)||Dried Oregano (Crushed)|
|1||to taste||Truffle Oil|
|1||to taste||Coarse Sea Salt|
|1||to taste||Fresh Ground Black Pepper|
|1||tablespoon(s)||Vita Sana Extra Virgin Olive Oil|