- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Rub the turkey with the butter oil and garlic cloves. Loosely tie the legs together. Place into the middle of the oven.
- When the skin is light (after about 1 1/2 hours) cover the breast with a tent of foil to prevent overcooking the breast. Check the doneness after the bird has roasted about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Turkey is done when the thigh is pierced deeply and juices run clear or when the breast muscle reaches 170 to 175 F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven. Let it stand about 20 minutes to allow juices to settle in the meat. Deglaze the pan by adding 1/2 cup water. Stir to scrape up browned bits. Pour pan drippings into a gravy separator. Reserve 1 cup of defatted pan drippings for sauce.
- In a pan, stir together the vinegar, defatted pan drippings, rosemary olive oil, mustard and brown sugar. Warm the sauce over low heat on the stove until steam "escapes." Don't boil.
- Carve the turkey and drizzle turkey slices with the warmed balsamic glaze.
- 1 cup Vita Sana Pomegranate Dark Balsamic
- 1/4 cup Vita Sana Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 whole turkey, thawed (about 15 lb)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Vita Sana Butter Olive Oil
|15||pound(s)||Whole Turkey (thawed)|
|1/4||cup(s)||Vita Sana Rosemary Olive Oil|
|1||cup(s)||Vita Sana Pomegranate Dark Balsamic|
|2||tablespoon(s)||Vita Sana Butter Olive Oil|
|3 to 4||total||Garlic Clove(s)|
Suggested Vita Sana Products
No items found
No items found